HUD Training Sessions: New Executive Director Orientation
This two-day New Executive Director Orientation provides information necessary to orient new Directors to the administrative and management compliance issues of their housing programs funded under the Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act (NAHASDA), first signed into law on October 26, 1996. Through lecture, as well as individual and group activities, participants will:
- Investigate and discuss the typical roles and responsibilities of the Executive Director in an Indian housing organization
- Increase their knowledge of the major functions of general business management theory and how they apply to management of Indian housing organizations
- Evaluate their current strategic planning process and identify specific actions to improve and implement strategic planning processes for their organization.
- Expand their understanding of NAHASDA, its’ implementing regulations and guidance with sufficient skill to locate the key regulatory provisions applicable to management of affordable housing projects.
- Survey other sources of funding that can be leveraged with the Indian Housing Block Grant program to develop affordable housing projects.